Quality Control Center LABORATORIES
To become a prominent and up-to-date Advisory & Research Center for Food and Non Food products in the Region.
Provide reliable analyses, develop marketable products, ensure quality services to meet customer expectations, and assist the productive community in sustaining their operations, thereby contributing to economic growth.
- Transparency, Confidentiality & Integrity
- Customer and Consumer Satisfaction
- Accuracy of Results
- Conformity with international standards
- Continued technical upgrading of equipment and methods
- Capacity building of staff
QCC LABORATORIES in brief:
Quality Control Center LABORATORIES was established in 2007 by the Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Agriculture Tripoli & North Lebanon, through collaboration with ACDI VOCA- ASAIL (Action for Sustainable Agro-Industry in Lebanon) USAID funded project.
By the end of year 2011, it was nationally recognized and authorized by Lebanese Ministries to issue food and beverage health certificates; Namely Ministry of Economy & Trade, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Public health, and Customs. Certificates are reported according to LIBNOR, Codex, and EU standards.
By the end of year 2012, an upgrade and purchase of new equipments was conducted by the Chamber of Commerce Industry & Agriculture Tripoli and ACDI VOCA- QCC program.
Since August 2012, QCC Laboratories is accredited by ANSI- ASQ National Accreditation Board/ACLASS in accordance with recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
At the beginning of year 2013, laboratory space has been expanded from 150m2 to 900m2 due to the increase of available services and as per customer needs.
Chemical laboratory is very versatile and capable of offering analysis services in many fields ranging from food and beverages, water, soap, detergents, and cosmetic products.
The applied test methods comply with the requirements set by international scientific bodies such as AOAC, ASTM, ISO, and DIN.
It operates with advanced systems such as High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas chromatography (GC), Ion-exchange Chromatography (IC), UV/VIS Spectrometer, Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) reader, and Atomic Absorption spectroscopy (AAS).
Among its existing tests, not stating available routine testing for physical properties and chemical composition:
- Diastatic Activity, Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF), Moisture, and Acidity in Honey.
- Fatty Acid Profile for oils and fats (including Myristic acid, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid,Oleic acid, Linoleic acid, Linolenic acid, and Arachidic acid).
- Soap testing (Fatty matter, Free acidity, Free alkalinity, Free Fatty Acid, Insoluble matter in Ethanol, Insoluble matter in water, and Total alkalinity)
- Iodine Value, Saponification number, Extinction Coefficient K, Peroxide Value, Free Fatty acid, Moisture and Volatile Matter Content in oils.
- Melamine, Protein, Fat, and Solids non fat (NSF) in Milk products.
- Mycotoxins (such as Aflatoxin Total, Aflatoxin B1, Aflatoxin M1, Ochratoxin A).
- Sugar profile (Fructose, Glucose, and Sucrose).
- Anions (such as Bromide, Chloride, Fluoride, Nitrate, Nitrite, Phosphate, and Sulfate) and Cations (such as Ammonium, Calcium, Lithium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Sodium) in water.
- Antibiotics (such as Tetracycline, Oxytetracycline, and Natamycin).
- Heavy Metals (Arsenic, Lead, Zinc, Copper, Chromium, Nickel, Mercury, Tin) in seafood, water and beverages.
- Detection of previously frozen poultry meat by determination of HADH activity.
- Food Additives (such as Benzoic acid, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, and Sudan Red Dyes)
For microbiological testing, QCC Laboratories has purchased rapid automated solutions for direct quality indicator in food products; such as High- Multiparametric immunoassay systems (VIDAS), and TEMPO.
Among its current parameters that target several matrices:
- Anaerobic count (sulfite reducing bacteria)
- Bacillus cereus
- Escherichia coli
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella species
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus β hemolytiques
- Streptococcus D
- Total Viable Count
- Yeasts and Molds
In addition Microbial Challenge Testing for cosmetics.
Molecular Biology Laboratory:
Real time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) detection system, biochemical technology based on DNA amplification that currently targets:
- Genetically Modified Organism (GMO).
- Pork derivatives.
- Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella spp., and E.coli O157 confirmation.
Training and Consultancy:
- Consultancy and training on GMP “Good Manufacturing Practices”, GHP “Good Hygiene Practices”, and GLP “Good Laboratory Practices”.
- Assistance in implementing Management Systems: ISO 9001 system “Quality Management System”, ISO 22000 system “Food Safety Management System” for plants working in the agro-food sector, and ISO 17025 system “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
- Operational and Technical Training for food processors.
- Consultancy on technologies and equipments for plants.
- Product Improvement and new product Development.
- Nutritional facts labels "on formulation"/ FDA Regulations – U.S. Labels – Professional Nutrition Analysis Software and Databases.